Unanswered: sql loader problem

Hi All,

This has me stumped.
    I need to unload data from one table and sql load it into another table in another database.

I unload it to a text file, but the problem i am having is that in some fields there is an end of line/newline character and when i look at the text file a record is spanning 2 lines.

When i then sql load it, it thinks that each line is a seperate record and it fails. I need to export to a text file and i need to version control the file, so i can always go back to an older version if i need to.

Is there a way i can tell sql loader when the end of the record is
    i.e. something like RECORD TERMINATED BY '#~#'

or is there anyway i can get this record onto one line without stripping out the end of line/newline character

Thanks
    Dave

why not export the table rows and just use the import utility?
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

I agree with Duck ... export/import if both are Oracle .. much quicker and cleaner ...

Otherwise ... try creating a tab (or comma) delimited file from sqlplus, then you should be able to load it thru sqlloader ...

Ex;
    set linesize 120
    set header off
    set pagesize 0
    set feedback off
    set trimspool on

spool c:\test.txt

select username||chr(9)||sid||chr(9)||serial#||chr(9)||pr ogram from v$session;

spool off

hTH
    Gregg

If it's two oracle databases, why even bother with exp/imp - just insert it across a database link
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Club him over the head with a fish, he'll leave you alone.