Rpt Width larger than Paper Width Error

I am new to VB report generation and created a simple rpt that pulls a few fields from an ms access table using rpt designer, but when I ran it I got the message "Report width is larger than the paper width". I then ran a sample report project which came with MS VB called prjNwind from the MS Visual Studio sample directory (located in \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MSDN98\98VS\1033\Samples\VB98\DATAREPT) and got the same error.

However, when I ran the sample project from one of my other computers, it ran fine.

I have no idea what is causing the different results or how to resolve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

hi there! how are you "showing" your report? is it in landscape orientation with legal size? if yes, use microsoft's Pageset.dll. It's a fix of the said problem you got. You can download it in their site.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q198901/

this should fix your problem.

Thumbs up

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Using the info you provided, I was able to determine that the printer default setting of 4x6" size paper was the source of the problem (my other computer has a printer that defaults to 8.5x11" so did not exhibit the problem). I was able to run the rpt by adjusting paper size manually and using the orientation property mentioned in the fix you referenced. Once I apply the fix I will make the appropriate adjustments to automate settings accordingly. Many thanks again for your help. It pointed me in the right direction and got me back on track quickly!!

No problem dude. Keep posting...good luck in your project.