Question Unanswered: Cannot Inserting Picture into Container field in New Record?

Please forgive my ignorance, i am just learning Filemaker. I have Filemaker Pro 6.0

Here is my problem.

I created a simple layout that contains 3 fields, 2 text and a container field in which i would like to insert a picture.

I call this layout from a simple script and i tab through each the first two text fields and enter the data i need with no problem. Then i tab to the container field for the picture insert.... here is where i am stumped.

I right click to select insert picture but all commands are grayed out. I believe i have set up this field correctly (it is a container field and i have selected allow input). Nothing i do on this layout will let me insert a picture.

Now, i have the same layout (different name) (fields set so that no input is allowed; except container field) that i use for browsing of records, and here i can select the field and insert the picture with no problem.

Please, can anyone help me understand or fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Howdy! I'm not certain why you're having trouble, but I just made a new db with 2 text fields and 1 container field to see what happens... I could tab through the first 2 text fields and had the option to insert current date/time/username from the INSERT menu (mac w/1 button mouse)... others were grayed out; when I got to the container field, the insert options changed and insert picture/quicktime/sound became the available options.

If you are using a script, I think you can just navigate directly to the desired field for the insert rather than rely on tabbing (didn't even know you could from a script). Tab order can vary from layout to layout so IMO it's better to just go to the correct field and then insert your data).

Try starting w/a fresh test db with no special input options and see what you get. If it works okay, then try applying your special input options last and see what happens.
    --ST

Cannot Insert Picture in Insert (new record mode)

Hi;

I created another test database; i still have the same problem.

I use Filemaker 6.0 on windows.

Any further help would be appreciated.