Unanswered: Recovery server failure & logfile deleted

Hallo there,

I had to make some checkpionts and there was too less space on the hard drive. I decided to clean up some files manually ... I decided to throw away some checkpionts from databases I knew who could be deleted. Then I also threw away some logfiles ... Afther that I couldn't make any checkpiont anymore. I tried to restart Ingres: ingstop and ingstart, but the recovery server won't come up again. I did some reading on the net and I think I deleted the transaction logfile.

How can I get the server back to normal, I do have a valid checpiont of the database I want to recover, but I don't have checkpionts of all the databases that where on the server before I deleted the logfile. I think I have to recreate te logfile, but how do I do this?

Thanx in advance

Hallo there,

Ingres is working fine again. I used the cbf utility (type cbf on the prompt of a the ingres user) and there you could simply create a transaction logfile . I think I was lucky there weren't any transactions running when I deleted THE log. I run ingstart and everything is back to normal :-).

Bye