the reason I was thinking of ASP.Net is because I was thinking of using it as a front end instead of access xp. But I need to learn how to use it first. Anyone know any good books or any good software packages to get me started??? Advice is always nice too
Okie, my reasons for recommending standard asp are as follows.
1. The language is a piece of cake to learn.
2. Because the language is easy you can concentrate on the important things like the theorys and practises behind write web applications.
3. Because you can learn the langauge quickly and thus pick up the concepts faster you can soon decide if a web app is really what you want.
4. If you know a C based language then vb is childs play.
5. If you don't know a C based language then you should be able to pick up vb faster then other languages.
6. The is really only one style for writting classic asp (ignoring com object development) instead of the 3+ for writing asp.