Question Unanswered: Noob here, dumb, but quick question

Ok, I know a LITTLE about SQL 2000. I am just starting to get my feet wet in the area. I know how to install SQL, backup DB's and Restore them. Can even do them over the network now. YAY ME! Anyway, here is my question. I have a production server with 4 RAID arrays. I have one for my OS, one for the Main SQL DB's (heavy transaction DB's), one for my log files, and one that is supposed to be for my temp DB. Well when I installed SQL it asked me for the default data path, which would be where my main SQL db's go. I dont remember it asking me where I want the temp DB to go. How do I change the location of the tempdb.mdf and tempdb.ldf to the drive arrays I want them to go to, even though I have already installed SQL.

Thanks. And sorry ahead of time for the noobiness of the question. I did do a search first, but didnt really see anything that would help me.

Try this out...

To change where the data files are located for a given database, just right-click the database and change the Data Files and Transaction Log 'Properties'.

With that said, I don't remember if you can change the data file location for 'system' databases. So you might want to check into that...even so, I wouldn't expect any speed benefit from move the tempdb to a different location.

BTW, good question with some solid background for someone claiming to be noob.

In a large office with bad lighting
    We use this script for DR to relocate the tempdb to an array large enough to allow it to grow as needed. Change the paths and size to fit your situation, and don't forget to stop and restart the sever after altering the database.

use tempdb
    alter database tempdb modify file (name = tempdev,
    filename = 'T:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf', size = 10000 MB)
    alter database tempdb modify file (name = templog,
    filename = 'T:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\templog.ldf')

The Dark Planet

As for me .. this link is permanently in my IE favourites folder ....
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data