Unanswered: Access '97 compatibility with XP

Hi,

Just started a new job and need to load Access 97, Access 2000 and 2002 all onto my XP machine. I have followed the instructions and made sure that I do not overwrite the old versions each time. But how ever many times I try it, I cannot get Access '97 to work. The other versions work fine, and Access 97 also seems to install fine. But then when I go to open it, Windows says its not installed and wants me to put the '97 Office disk in again. But then it doesnt do anything when I do.

Does anybody know if there are compatibility issues between Access 97 and Windows XP. Another person in my office has this setup and it works fine. The only difference is that she is on XP Service Pack 1 and I'm on Service Pack 2. Could this have anything to do with it?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
    Adam.

I successfully run both Access97 and Access2000/2002 (Office XP) on my XP Pro machine. Access97 obviously needs to be installed first, then 2K+ ensuring that the newer Access soes not install into the same folder (custom install).

To CyberLynx

Thanks for your reply Cyberlynx.

What you suggested is exactly what I have tried, about 4 times now. And always the same thing happens.

Are you running on XP Service Release 2?

kind regards,
    Adam.

I am currently running XP Pro with Service Pack 2 installed. During the custom install of Office XP, you must ensure that when the section arises about over writing existing Access files you set it so it does not. The install permits you to do this. Once Access 2K+ is installed you will need to start whichever database (97 or 2K) with the Open With menu command (right click on Icon). You then select either Access97 or Access 2000.