Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Export Question

Unanswered: Export Question

How do you export a database at a earlier version level of export for someone that can't read your export because they are at a different level?
    We have export V10.01.00 they are at V9.02.00

You must use the V9.02.00 to export on your db to do it then.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartinez
    You must use the V9.02.00 to export on your db to do it then.
    could you tell me how that is done?
    Thanks
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee06
    could you tell me how that is done?
    Thanks
    Rick
    See

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p...D:376818221507
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh

So does that mean iI run catexp7 against my 10g database.
    and that creates the exp73? I cant find a exp73 or imp73.

I guess I cant figure out what this instructions are doing.
    Can you help? Sorry

Provided Answers: 1
    It means that you need to use the exp utility found on your 9i machine to connect and export data from your 10g database.

Quote Originally Posted by n_i
    It means that you need to use the exp utility found on your 9i machine to connect and export data from your 10g database.
    Our Machines all run 10g it is a third party that whom we are trying to send the export to who has 9i version.
    Thanks

I have found a 9i version of exp and put it on the 10g Instance but it will not run.
    This error comes up:
    exp9i parfile=inslic.par
    exp9i: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you please Help?

Let me guess - you're running on Linux? I don't think you can just copy an executable from one version to another; each version of Oracle has specific requirements as to the kernel version and shared libraries. If I were you I would set up an Oracle 9i instance on a separate box and run exp from there. You can download Oracle 9i and use it freely for development purposes.

Yes you are right we are running Oracle on linux and I did copy the executable from are app server.
    How do you run it from that server to a database on another machine? What would be the procedure or syntax?
    Thanks Again for your help....

I cant find anything about using an export executable on one machine(9i)to create an export from another(10g) to create an export file that will be sent to another 3rd parties machine(9i).

I cant find anything about using an export executable on one machine(9i)to create an export from another(10g) to create an export file that will be sent to another 3rd parties machine(9i).
    Do you have to be spoon feed!!!

1) establish a connection from your 9i machine to your 10g machine by modifying the tnsnames.ora on the 9i machine.

2) run the 9i catexp on your 10g server as sys.

3) run the exp on your 9I machine by using exp userid=account/password@MY10GMachineSid ....

4) rerun the catexp from your 10g server on your 10g server to reenable your 10g export.

5) send the 9i export to your client.

Be aware, if you are trying to export any structures that are native to 10g and not 9i, the export will not work. Also the patch level for the 9I is critical. If you have patch level 9.2.0.5 on your machine and the client is running patch level 9.2.0.4 (lower patch level) they will not be able to read in the export.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Thanks
    Sorry for the trouble and wasting your time. I have spent two days trying to figure this out.

Thanks
    Sorry for the trouble and wasting your time. I have spent two days trying to figure this out.
    Sorry, It is not a waste of time, and I shouldn't have snapped. I was a newbie at one time and needed to ask questions (I still do if truth be told).
    Bill