Question Data Modeler Interview Questions

Hi Friends,

I am not sure whether it is right to ask this question in this forum.

I have been a data modeler for few years now, but never attended any job interview for this postion. I have an interview coming up for a data modeler position. Any one who has experienced this before, can share their experience, what kind of questions they may ask, which will help me in my preparation.

I am sorry to ask this here, if it is not right forum for this information

Thank in advance for time and effort.

Best Regards,
    Naren

Most likely they will present you with some information and ask you to draw the data model. The information will probably require the use of various techniques such as subtyping, weak/strong entities etc.

Unhappy

Thank you Andrew for the prompt reply.

They told me that it is going to be a telephonic interview, that is why i am more worried

Thank you

Naren

Hmm, I actually had a telephone interview for a data modelling job myself about 4 years ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember a thing about it, except that I got the job! But the intention will be to see if you understand data modelling concepts, so if you do there should be no problem. All you can really do by way of preparation is to re-read any books you may have and perhaps browse some web sites like this one to find and plug any gaps in your knowledge, e.g. concepts you once knew but haven't had to use lately.

I had a telephonic interview some time ago for a DB architect position and I was asked some definitions of the normal forms. I tried to explain each one of them, but they wanted the specific definitions. It never hurts to go through some definitions for people who are picky about them

Angry Thank you

Hello Every one,

Thank you very much for your effort in helping me out.

But, unfortunately, a case where employer advertise for something and looking for a something else. These guys are looking for a Data migration guy and advertised for a data modeler. May god bless them

Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
    Narender

Quote Originally Posted by narenderp View Post
    Hello Every one,

Thank you very much for your effort in helping me out.

But, unfortunately, a case where employer advertise for something and looking for a something else. These guys are looking for a Data migration guy and advertised for a data modeler. May god bless them

Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
    Narender
    Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvn01 View Post
    Tks again and pls keep posting.
    considering that it has been almost six years since he has visited this forum, how likely do you really think it is that he will keep posting?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL