Unanswered: javax.servlet.ServletException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish

i am connecting to oracle 9.0.1.1.1.1 through jsp page and i am using the type 4 jdbc drivers provided by oracle and it works absolutely fine in my intranet environment but then it does not work on internet. i suspect that the sid of the server is the only thing that is causing this issue. because the environment on my intranet server and the internet server is identical excpet sid. so please guide me.

When connecting to resources across the Internet, you have to deal with firewalls and/or Intelligent Routers. Does the firewall/router that sits between your user and server allow pass thru addresses or port forwarding? For example, to access a resource on my home network from across the Internet at work, I needed to configure my home network's router. I told it anything being sent to the router's IP address with port number 7777 should be redirected to IP address of my local computer.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm

no firewalls and no proxies

there are no firewalls and no proxies to go through.suggest alternatives.

The only reference to the problem you mention, other than firewalls, has to do with using a thin driver. If you are using a thin driver, you need to be sure to use a URL like this, jdbcracle:thin:@<host_name>:<port_no>:<sid>

If you were to replace host_name with your Oracle Service name, then you would get the error you reported.
    MarkRem
    Author, Oracle Database 10g: From Nuts to Soup
    http://www.remidata.com/book_nuts2soup.htm