Unanswered: Indexing Error in Ms Access

Dear Freinds,

I am having some serious prolem in one of my Access database. It gives the indexing error as follows in the opening stage.

"C:\disdatabse.mdb in not an index in this table.Look in the indexes collection of table def object to determine the valid index name."

My database is automatically opens to a 'password form' connected by macro.

I have tried following options also, but i am getting same error whenever I am giving open command

1) I tried repair database fecility, there I am getting error message when I am selecting the database name to repair.

2) I tried to Import to a new datbase,which agian failed with same error.

3) I rename to database and tried to open ,it also failed.

Can anyone help in this problem, it is database of 500 MB.

regards

graceson

I have had this problem in the past. When the database exceeds it's maximum size of 1Gig Access falls over badly as the system tables get corrupted. Your database is 500Mb and probably expands rapidly when you are using it (without you realising that it has expanded).

You can try the following:
    Create a new database and copy all the objects except the tables to the new database. Try to link to the corrupted database and link back the tables.

If this works you could try and copy the linked tables to a new table in the new database (very laborious if you have lots of tables).

You might find that it is only one or two tables that have been corrupted. you might have to recreate these tables yourself from a back-up
    Regards
    Justin