Unanswered: Going Back to ASP 6 from .Net - Debugger Problems

Has anyone had trouble with developing in Visual Studio 6.0 after using .NET?

I did a project recently in .NET for the first time and then for this new project I have to go back to Interdev unfortunately.

However, when I went to Debug, I got two errors when launching, "Unable to set server into correct debugging state automatically" and "Application '' failed to launch."

Since this was an old project, I decided to start a new project and try that. It has only two lines of code in it:

Dim x

x = 1

So, I tried going into debug again and got the same error. Thinking it might be IIS, I decided to restart it.

This time, upon launching into debug, I get the "Unable to" error again and the new error "Application 'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe' failed to launch.

Any ideas? Previously when debug was working, .NET wasn't installed.

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

No, unfortunately not. I've just started using .Net to debug VS6 projects. However, you'll need to back-up your VS6 files to another location and delete your current project directory that was established under VS6 and then let .Net rebuild it. Then, add your files back in. That's the only way I got it to work under .Net.