Angry Unanswered: Strings excepting Memo size info?

I am having problems where the "Dim strSubjective As String" is only accepting 256 characture of a field that has a Data-Type "Memo"
    My table's "Field" is set to Data-Type "Memo" and will hold as much information as I need. But when I use a ListBox - Mulitselect to select the choices. I then ADD them to "strSubjective", but I am only storing 256 charactures. Is there something that I am missing. I notice that after I type "As String(" the autoview pops up and shows "String(Number of Long, Characture), but I do not know what to do with that.
    Can someone help??? Thanks.......Chuck

String Function

Returns a Variant (String) containing a repeating character string of the length specified.

Syntax

String(number, character)

The String function syntax has these named arguments:

Part Description
    number Required; Long. Length of the returned string. If number contains Null, Null is returned.
    character Required; Variant. Character code specifying the character or string expression whose first character is used to build the return string. If character contains Null, Null is returned.

Remarks

If you specify a number for character greater than 255, String converts the number to a valid character code using the formula:

character Mod 256
    Dim MyString
    MyString = String(5, "*") ' Returns "*****".
    MyString = String(5, 42) ' Returns "*****".
    MyString = String(10, "ABC") ' Returns "AAAAAAAAAA".

that´s what happens when you add '(' after string

yust try : dim strSubjective as string, any string can take about 65.400 characters (fixed string).