Red face Unanswered: REPORT SUM feature returning bogus sum

Good day all. I have a report in my MSAccess 2003 database with a column of numbers, each the result of a calculation, which I sum at the bottom of the page. The sum is off by several cents, not the same amount each time. This appears the result of rounding taking place in the calculations of the report sum=([fieldname]), fieldname being the record in the detail section of the report, which is itself the result of previous calculations in the underlying query.

I know in MSExcel there is a setting "precision as displayed" in the tools/options/calculations menu which resolves this problem, but I can find no simliar feature in MSAccess.

Is there a fix for this?

Charlotte, NC
    I know about the Precision as Displayed checkbox in Excel, but I don't believe there is such a thing in Access. The best way to handle this is to build the value in your detail using the ROUND function. Therefore, if you want it to the nearest cent, you would write ROUND([fieldname],2) and the value will not only display to the nearest cent, but it will be to the nearest cent when you use it in a SUM function.