Unanswered: Printing layout problem

Hello, I hope someone can help me out with this. I created a report that is a prescription slip (a normal prescription that a doctor writes). I made one and changed the page setup that on 1 page there will be four scripts. (Upper right, upper left, bottom right, bottom left) Which is what I want. However, I want that on one page it contains 1 patient. What I am getting is four patients. 1 in each prescription.

My question is how can I produce 1 patient per page?

My second question is:

The medications are coming from a subform. How can I produce the 1st subform record to display in the first script, the second in the second script the 3 in the 3rd. And if there is a 4th in the fourth or it will be blank? What I am getting is in 1 script all the medications are listed.

I tried to copy the first script in the left most corner and pasted next to it but how can I get it to copy in the 3rd and 4th, which would be located in bottom? I attached a .jpg of what I am currently displaying
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prescriptions.JPG  

Question any ideas

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Are you running this report for batch label generation? I have some ideas but they are somewhat radical and require some complex programming ... (Hint: I do this myself)
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    Are you running this report for batch label generation? I have some ideas but they are somewhat radical and require some complex programming ... (Hint: I do this myself)
    It isn't a batch label generation. I just made the 1 layout and changed the
    number of columns to 2 and layout to down, then across. (is this considered a batch generation? I am not familiar with that term in access)

As you see from the image, I want the patient in script 1 to be listed in all 4 scripts, no matter if there is a prescription written out. The closest I can think of is making a cmd button in the subform that will print out the presciptions. But each script should only have 1 prescription. That is why I have 4 scripts, so a total of 4 prescriptions an be made out.

I tried to create sepeate child reports but I was not able to get any on the bottom half of the page. I also want to refrain from using 3rd party sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbegone
    It isn't a batch label generation. I just made the 1 layout and changed the
    number of columns to 2 and layout to down, then across. (is this considered a batch generation? I am not familiar with that term in access)

As you see from the image, I want the patient in script 1 to be listed in all 4 scripts, no matter if there is a prescription written out. The closest I can think of is making a cmd button in the subform that will print out the presciptions. But each script should only have 1 prescription. That is why I have 4 scripts, so a total of 4 prescriptions an be made out.

I tried to create sepeate child reports but I was not able to get any on the bottom half of the page. I also want to refrain from using 3rd party sw.
    I wasn't thinking of 3rd party software ... if you're printing labels and you'll have at most 4 labels (i.e. 1 page) - [Why I was asking about batches ... relating to multiple pages]

You could do this: Make the fields on your report (and in this case it is 1 report - no subreports) labels. Then using VBA code pull the requisite scripts and populate each of the labels on the report ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...