Thread: DB2 Table size

Unanswered: DB2 Table size

How can I find out what the biggest table is in the database USING COMMAND LINE, is there a command to check this.

You can connect to the subsystem by CLI and selec its name from sysibm.systables

---

/pF

doing a select from sysibm.tables does not give you the size of the table.
    Is there another to find out what THE BIGGEST TABLE IS IN THE DATABASE, assumimg I have 5000 tables in the database.

Please help ladies and gents

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    Provided you have relatively current statistics, you can query FPAGES from SYSCAT.TABLES - that will give you the number of tablespace pages allocated for the table. It should be easy from there.

Look at what n_i said and open the manual for the system tables to find out what info you have there.

Another way depends on how you designed your database schema and the OS and FS.

On Mainframe, on VSAM datasets, with 1:1 partitioning, where all tables has it's own tablespace, the only thing you need to do is look at the extents for the dataset and see how many are in use. You can sort this in DSList.

I don't know how tablespaces are stored on Windows and AIX, but it may work there as well.

---

Regards

/Filip