Unanswered: SQL Server Log Shipping

I have 2 SQL Servers. One of them is a production server and the other I want to have as a backup to the production server.

It is my understanding that Log Shipping requires the use of MSSQL Server Enterprise. Does the Enterprise version of SQL Server have to be on both servers? Or can it be just one one server?

If only one server, does it have to be on the subscriber or publisher?

This question is for concern towards proper licensing.

Provided Answers: 54
    You get the wizards to help automate log shipping with the Enterprise version of MS-SQL 2000. You can set up log shipping manually with any version of MS-SQL 2000.

-PatP

You'll have to have EE on both boxes. But as Pat said,- if you set it up manually you can do it with Standard edition.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

I have found an article that describes how to set up log shipping manually. I would prefer a Microsoft Article since they are the authoritative answer but could not find an article. Maybe it is because they want you to spend the money on Enterprise Edition or higher.

For example the document that can be downloaded via the URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Would either of you two be able to verify if the below URL provides a good solution to setting up log shipping manually? Would either of you have an alternate resource to compare notes?

Thank you for your replies.

http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/1467581