Unanswered: form design issue

Hi I'm building a form based on a product worksheet. Left hand column is label for each element next column is combobox for choices available for that element, next column(txtbox) is number of that element required then date(txtbox) column, comments(txtbox) column. When all choices are made user clicks button and a report is created and printed and underlying tables are updated.
    My question is would it be better to use a listbox or subform? there are 30 elements used in this product so 30 rows. also when report is generated any row/element not required/blank should not be printed.

any suggestions appreciated.

B

Usually you use subforms to display/enter data from a different table that is related to the data in the main form. Are there any 1 to many relationships in the data, or is the data all contained in one table? It sounds as if there are many elements to each product? If this is correct, the main form would be based on the "Products" table, with a subform based on the "ProductElements" table. Does this make sense?

Thanks for the reply, my question is more to do with what is the best/easiest/quickest route as to retrieving/referencing data ie listbox or series of combo and txtboxes or subform.

B

Well, the listbox is definitely the best for displaying the elements. However, if the form must be used for data entry, I think a combobox is the way to go. With several elements for each product, a subform seems like a must.

thanks fo your help

B