Unanswered: Saving a Access report to Word

I am trying to save an Access report as a Word document or something that I can email. When I save the report I lose some of the data and the fields look chopped off. Any ideas how I can correct this problem?

Thanks in advance!

What I have done in the past is to export the report to a Snapshot file which will be small and therefore ideal to email. The snapshot will look identical to the report output. If the recipient of your email does not have the viewer installed, it is a free download from microsft, similar to installing Acrobat Reader. Here is a link with some more information on the Snapshot Viewer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/AccessDev/A...s/snapshot.htm

TD

Provided Answers: 1
    Or make a PDF from your Report.

Although making a PDF is a good idea if you have the software, it doesn't work in any of the versions of Access that I've used if you don't have the separate application that can write PDF files and that software is not free.
    I do have the full featured Adobe Acrobat at work and I have output reports as PDF files, but the replication of the output is not as good as it is with the output to Snapshot. This is especially true if you have a report where you are trying to squeeze as many lines and columns (such as Open A/R) onto the sheet as possible. Acrobat clipped some of the text, but the Snapshot output was just as it would have come off of my printer. And the snapshot (.snp) output is built into Access and the Snapshot Viewer is free.

...and the snapshot viewer includes a mail to menu option.

i use only snapshot output (because i hide the access window and the normal access print-preview unhides the access window).

after you have exported to snapshot with
    docmd.outputto acoutputreport, myReportName, "Snapshot Format", "c:\temp\mySnap.snp"

try
    call shell ("c:\program files\snapshot viewer\snapview.exe c:\temp\mySnap.snp", vbnormalfocus)
    you can mail/print directly from there.

(assuming you have a c:\temp and snapview is in it's default location)

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye_td
    Although making a PDF is a good idea if you have the software, it doesn't work in any of the versions of Access that I've used if you don't have the separate application that can write PDF files and that software is not free.
    I do have the full featured Adobe Acrobat at work and I have output reports as PDF files, but the replication of the output is not as good as it is with the output to Snapshot. This is especially true if you have a report where you are trying to squeeze as many lines and columns (such as Open A/R) onto the sheet as possible. Acrobat clipped some of the text, but the Snapshot output was just as it would have come off of my printer. And the snapshot (.snp) output is built into Access and the Snapshot Viewer is free.
    Well ... There is a bit of a shortcut ... Try CutePDF (do a google search). It's FREE. It sets up as a print driver so you can dump any report to it ... Or anything else for that matter ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...