Unanswered: Structure Question

The Set Up
    I have an access 2k DB that tracks several clients. I have a Client_Tbl Table that keeps the clients main information Id# names etc.. Each client has a treatment plan consisting of Goals and within those Goals are several objectives. Typically each client has 5 - 9 goals and each goal has 3-6 objectives. The data is mostly unique.

The Question
    As illustrated each client has differeing amounts of information to track. I do not think addning fields for the most potential goals and objectives therein to my Clients_tbl as adding 54 fields to the Table seems sloopy especially given that half of them could be NULL.
    How would you set this up?
    Would this be better posted in another forum ?
    Darasen

Client_Tbl:
    IDclient, auto, PK
    blah blah to do with Client

tblGoals:
    IDgoal, auto, PK
    IDclient, long, FK
    blah blah to do with the goals

tblObjective:
    IDobjective, auto, PK
    IDgoal, long, FK
    blah blah to do with objectives

each Client can have from 0 to millions of Goals, each Goal can have from 0 to millions of Objectives.

?? izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

You nailed it on that response Izy. Darasen, the important thing is to leverage the strengths of a relational database. You explained it well when you told us you have Clients, those Clients can have any number of Goals (one to many relationship), and those Goals can have any number of Objectives (another one to many relationship) If you set up a table for Clients, another for Goals, and another for Objectives as Izy suggests and establish these relationships, you have a very efficient database that is less cluttered.

TD

Thanks for the responses.
    I was thinking along those lines and, it's nice to have confirmation. I can do the SQL and am picking up more and more of the VB but the data structure I worry about the most. Actually a good thing I guess. you can always make new queries and forms but a bad structure and your DB is no good.

The once Flat DB handed to me has grown to 8 tables now.

Thanks again.
    Darasen