Unanswered: Field variables to pass-through queries?

I've added this to an existing question, but I still can't find a workaround for this. I need to run a pass-through query with criteria based data in a form's fields. How do I do this?

For instance, if form1 has a date in field1, how do I run a pass-through query like "SELECT * from SQLServerTable WHERE date > [forms].[form1].[field1]?

I realize that sql-server is expecing a different date format, but the field itself seems to be generating errors (because the server can't see the values in the fields).

Thanks.

it's possible.
    I think you can use
    SELECT * from SQLServerTable WHERE date > Form_[form1].[field1]

I believe it should be:

[Forms]![form1]![field1]

I figured it out.

Just to recap: with pass-through queries you are passing the sql directly to the server. Thus, not only do you have to use the flavor of sql of your server (Oracle, SQL Server, etc), but you also cannot use the contents of form fields because the server has no access to those forms.

The solution I used was to change the definition of the query each time the form fields changed. The code looks like this:

Private Sub Combo1_AfterUpdate()
    Dim strSQL as string
    Set db = Currentdb
    strSQL = "SELECT * from SQLserverTable WHERE criteria = '" & [Forms]![Form1].[Combo1] & "';"
    db.Querydefs("SamplePassThrough").SQL = strSQL
    End Sub

Man, you wouldn't think such a short bit of code would hang me up so long. From what I understand, I can further speed up the code using ODBC direct and skipping the CurrentDB call - but no need to be greedy. I'm happy cutting this 2 minute 8 second query to 1 second (that's right, a single second to run a query that was taking over 2 minutes!).