Unanswered: Selecting multiple entries into one field

Ok i'm new to Access and i'm currently creating new databases for my work, the problem i've come up against is how you add multiple entries into one single field

As it stands i have one field for 'drawings' and each drawing can have multiple 'specifications' related to it.

ie Drawing 1 = Spec 1, Spec 2, Spec 4 etc

Currently i am typing each specifcation value into one field seprated by comas as above, is there a way to select multiple values from a combo box based on a query of the specifications? (i currently have a database just listing specifications)

I hope the above is clear, i have looked through the forum and found answers that seem to describe what i am looking to do but i have not been able to interpret them into anything constructive.

Thanks

Paul

I suppose there are a number of ways you could do this. If there are a limited number of so called Specifications, then you could place them on Form as CheckBoxes and select (check) the Spec's you want then supply the combined result into a bound field on the very same form.

If there are a lot of Specifications (which I'm sure there are) then it would be better to list them in a ListBox control on your form with the MultiSelect property for this ListBox set to Simple. Then, select the desired Specifications from the list and have it automatically udate a bound Textbox control on the same form via the OnClick event in the ListBox.

Ok there are alot of specifications but these are continually being added to so that is why i need to have the list of selectable specs related to a seperate table.

Also can you only select multiple entries as you described through forms as at the moment i am doing all the data entry directly into the table until i am happy that it is adequate for what we require

Thanks for your help

Paul