Unanswered: Your computer is out of disk space

~900k records in one table, trying to import ~25k more records into the same table using same process as the other 900k records. "Your computer is out of disk space." "You won't be able to undo the past append. Do you want to continue anyway?" ?????

Can import the additional 25k records to a new table, but can't import them into the larger table. Any ideas or suggestions welcome, thanks -k

XP Pro, NTFS, 149G drive, 46G free, MS Access 2000 SR-1, database file size 1.9G

sometimes you get "out of disk space" crap when an expected directory doesn't exist.

check your machine has all the usual temp & tmp directories.

check also that %temp %tmp environmental variables are pointing at an existing directory. e.g. Word: Help About: System Info: Environnement Logiciel (probably something like "software environment" in English): Variables d'environnement (probably something like "environmental variables" in English). i guess valid definitions are needed for TMP and TEMP for userystem and user:YourLogin

...then again there might be an inherent limitation on append-undos: sorry i don't have info on this.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

oh, and just a thought.

i see 1.9 gig!

your a2k has a .mdb max file-size specification of 2 gig.

you can try to workaround with linked tables in different .mdb but expect strange things when any .mdb closes in on the 2 gig limit.

izy

looks like I'll be moving on from a2k w/ 2gig .mdb limitation. currently have 900k records and anticipate that to grow to 2-4million records. perhaps mySql would be a good solution? -k

4m rows in .mdb is going to be really sad even if you don't hit the 2gig

mySQL will do it without issues.

izy