Unanswered: Suppress Group Footers in Drill-down

Hi peeps

This one's got me stumped. I have a drill-down report with 3 groups. Some of the values in GF2 are needed for second drill down, some are not and I want to suppress these values... how do I do that?!

To help explain, the report would look something like this (please excuse the nonsense data):

Preview tab:
    GF2 product a 120
    GF2 product b 130
    GF2 product c 140
    GF1 Total 390

Drill-down 1:
    GF3 attribute of product a 10
    GF3 attribute of product a xx
    GF3 attribute of product a a1b
    GF2 product a 120 <----- this is what I want to suppress (the 120)

Any suggestions?

Cheers - Andy

Ok I found the solution myself. Here it is for anyone else who might come across the same problem in version 8.5:

Scenario:
    You have a drill down report with 3 groups. The fields in some of the group headers/footers repeat on drill down.

You can conditionally suppress a section or field(s) with formulas:

1. Create a formula called GH1 and place it in the Report Header as follows:

//this formula sets the value of suppression to false (any number other than zero is false)
    whileprintingrecords;
    numbervar GH1:=1

2. Now go to the sections or fields you want to suppress (in this example that will be Group Header 1)
    and click the suppress formula button and enter this code:

//this formula sets the value of suppression to true
    whileprintingrecords;
    numbervar GH2 = 0

Now when you preview the report you will see fields in group header 1 until you drill down into that level when the formula changes the value of the suppression to true (0) and the fields are hidden.

If you have more than one drill down level, the principle is the same and works as follows:

RH - place @formula here to hide (GH1 or fields) formula value is 1 (false)
    GH1 - conditional suppression on GH1 section or fields formula value is 0 (true)
    GH1 - place @formula here to hide (GH2 or fields) formula value is 1 (false)
    GH2 - conditional suppression on GH2 section or fields formula value is 0 (true)
    GH2 - place @formula here to hide (GH3 or fields) formula value is 1 (false)
    GH3 - conditional suppression on GH3 section or fields formula value is 0 (true)