Hi All..

I have few questions if any one can help me out with them it will be great.

Actually,our is a web based application which supports Oracle and SQL Server 2000 as backend. The application has a feature of setting different international languages based on users preference. I am trying to setup a SQL Server 2000 DB with UTF8 characterset, so that data can be stored/retrived in international languages like Japanese,Chinese,Arabic simultaneously.
Can any one let me know how can I create DB which supports this feature ?(like in Oracle where we can set the character set to UTF8 while installation).Please find below the steps which I followed while trying to setup ...

1.Converted VARCHAR and CHAR datatypes to NVARCHAR,NCHAR

2. Created a DB by setting the server Collation Settings (SQL Collations) to "DICTIONARY ORDER,CASE-INSENSITIVE,ACCENT-INSENSITIVE,FOR USE WITH THE 85O(MULTILINGUAL) CHARACTER SET.

3. Created the DB by setting the database and user with default language as ENGLISH.

When verified for a particular language "Japanese" the data storage/retrival is done properly provided when the server collation is set to JAPANESE_UNICODE_CI_AS. But is there any way where the language can be changed at run time and support different languages simultaneously.

Please let me know whether is there anything that I missed out in the process...

many thanks in advance
DBSTARTER