Question Unanswered: Please Help! SetOption(" ???..") , False

Hello everyone! I have a form that runs an update query when a user opens it. However, sometimes an update cannot be completed and the user gets the message box saying that a record could not be updated(its the same record that is not updateable). Could someone please tell me what the option is to set this feature to off? I currently have
    SetOption "Confirm Action Queries", False
    ! the above code prevents asking user if they want to run an update query

What is the code to prevent the user from getting a failed update? Thank you in advance!!

Does
    SetWarnings = False
    help at all

Quote Originally Posted by jpetter7
    Hello everyone! I have a form that runs an update query when a user opens it. However, sometimes an update cannot be completed and the user gets the message box saying that a record could not be updated(its the same record that is not updateable). Could someone please tell me what the option is to set this feature to off? I currently have
    SetOption "Confirm Action Queries", False
    ! the above code prevents asking user if they want to run an update query

What is the code to prevent the user from getting a failed update? Thank you in advance!!
    Hi jpetter,

I understand deactivating the Warnings, but what will happen when the query doesn't run? What will the user see? Will they know it failed, and what to do if it does? Or are you creating your own custom error message for the user? Just wanting to know.

thanks,
    Bud

Bud,

For this program, there is one record that always fails (I dont know why, but i have examined the data, and aside from the same record that fails... all other updates come out correctly) Is there a way, perhaps, to update only the changes that have been made to a table? I am semi-new to programming, I work for a large church, and I am trying to help them improve their buisness processes- unfortunately, I am the only programmer here, and if I can't do something, it doesn't get done! Thank you for your assistance!

David,

Thank you! the actual syntax is docmd.setwarnings False
    without your tip.. never would of happened! Thanks again... nice website!
    Last edited by jpetter7; 11-03-04 at 13:33.