Unanswered: Calendar Challange....

I'm trying to build a scheduling program, and I think the easiest way would be to build a calendar that allows you to pick days and hours (ex. John Smith works Tuesday, 8am-5pm). I wouldn't look into this, however, the organization doesn't use set hours. Each employee is on a fairly random schedule that is determined to last week of each month. Anyone have any thoughts or previous db's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
    Mike

Any ideas?? I'm open to alternatives...

3 date time picker controls. One for date, second for starting time and third for quiting time.

You could makeup some sort of timeline of the day showing each person's hours worked for a graphical component. Maybe with the chart wizard.

I don't know of any built in controls that would allow you to pick the date and time in a scheduler type view. You may be able to purchase an add-on.
    Last edited by ottomatic; 11-03-04 at 17:27.

thanks otto....i might be reaching out for help with date picker...but ill do my own research first...thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Geremia
    I'm trying to build a scheduling program, and I think the easiest way would be to build a calendar that allows you to pick days and hours (ex. John Smith works Tuesday, 8am-5pm). I wouldn't look into this, however, the organization doesn't use set hours. Each employee is on a fairly random schedule that is determined to last week of each month. Anyone have any thoughts or previous db's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
    Mike

Since you are tryingto build a schedulign Program and I am just abiout to finish one scheduling program where the company would schedcule the service. its shoe company which schedules their services. At first time it was a challenge but it got easier as time passed by. I finishe dthe whole schedule program in three days. Here are few tips

1-Do not make it complicated jsut make ur life easier
    2-Learn how to use Control Array in vba
    3-mine is based on 1 hour and half an hour services. (Followed outlook express calendar).

Let me know if you need mroe help . I can really help you and guide you on this one if required.
    ciao

thanks...i'll give it a shot...

help....did you start with the calendar control??