Unanswered: front-end configuration issue

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out a way to avoid having to configure each user's front-end so that a specific query only includes their data.

My database has a form that allows a user to enter their time. The form is based on a query that I would like to have filtered for each user. Right now when I send out a new front-end I have to go touch everyone's pc to enter the criteria in the query. I would like the user to be able to "update the query" on thier own. How do I do this? Do I use a macro/code?

thank you for your help.

what about the query is different for each user? Their name?

You could write code to get the name of the computer that is opening the database if the name of the computer somehow correlates to the data you need(person's name).

Or you could have a sort of logon screen that prompts the user for their name.

Then you could inlclude a variable name in the query who's value would change depending on who opened the db.

Below is the contents of a code module that provides three functions for getting the account name of the currently logged on user and the computer network name of the machine your application is running on.
    Source: http://www.ilook.fsnet.co.uk/vb/vbuname.htm
    Last edited by ottomatic; 11-03-04 at 16:39.