Question Unanswered: Transfer Text does not export correctly

Hi All,

Is there a way to keep the data from the table in the same order when it transfers to a *.txt file??

I am trying to export a table with close to 3000 records, I have a column ID which is in incremental order from 1 to 3000. My problem is that when I use the command:

DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "FLATOUTPUT Export Specification", "FLATOUTPUTTXT", "C:\Conversion Tool\FLATOUTPUTTXT.txt", 0

ACCESS transfers all the records but "SOMETIMES" it changes the order of a hundred or so records

ID

any information regardin this quanadrum is GREATLY appreciated in advance!!

Under table properties, do you have anything in the Order By field?

Unless that is something in newer versions of Access, I don't think there is an 'Order By' property for tables. One thing you may want to try because I've seen this mentioned before, is to set your ID field as a primary key. If you already have it set that way or if this doesn't correct the problem, you may want to consider creating a query with all of the fields that you want and have it sort on the ID and then export the query results to your text file.

Good luck.

TD

Provided Answers: 1
    Before exporting your table, try to sort it according to any alpha field which doesn't have numerics. i.e according to Name, City,.....

tried it still no go, I do have the table already presorted and I have ID set as the primary key. When I view the table in ACCESS it's sorted correctly in ascending order by ID, and all the data is in the correct order... still having a misalignment after the conversion to text... and I appreciate all the help again

SOLVED IT!!! again thank you all for the help..
    as for anyone else viewing this post.. the solution was that I DID HAVE ID as the PRIMARY KEY when the table was created... taking it out, and having the table order by ID solved it..

Thumbs up Text does not export correctly

Here is how I solved my sort order problem.

Copied the table
    Paste "Structure Only"
    Created an Append Query

Appended my original table with the correct sort.