Unanswered: Convert Text field to Memo Field - Access97

Hi - I'm a very inexperienced Access 97 user.... I have a field that I need to convert from text to memo as data from another field (memo) is being put in it. We have SQL as the back end, but wondered if I could convert this field within Access rather than SQL?

in table design view just change it there

Thanks, but

as it's linked to a sql server, it will not allow me to make any changes in the design view, guess I'm going to have to go to the sql server to make the changes - wish me luck, this will be a first for me...

However,

just spotted that it's an 'unbound' field, so therefore it won't be on the sql server will it? Any more suggestions....?

isn´t the value of this field added (stored, updated) to a table then ?

No, it's just info that's displayed, that isn't used again in the database. The field the info is being pulled from is memo, therefore we don't get all the info displayed as this is just a text field.

so it just a text field on the form, in which case you can enlarge that field in length and height, in design view as wel during runtime by setting the height and or width property, remind the size must be set in twips during runtime (567 twips = 1 cm)

I changed the height properties for the field, but this has made no difference, is there somewhere else to change the properties that I don't know about(?)(I just double clicked the field and changed it in the property window). Thanks for your help especially to a dumbo like myself!

some times dumbo´s are necessary :-))))

strange, is it so that you can't read the total information, in other words the field is still to small, or doesn't the info appear at all ?

The info from the memo field has been put into the text field, but is cut off mid sentence. I have a vertical slide bar, so I can slide down the field as I've now extended it, but all is blank after the cut off point.

weird, probably you have enlarged the field more. If in that case more info is placed then i think (although i´m not sure about that) the problem has to be find in the code.
    when i tried it, i don´t have any problem with it at all. I use access2003,DAO.