Question Unanswered: Scout Leader needs help with fundraiser database

First off. I have created a MSAccess database and it works but involves too many steps to complete after each sale inventory check.

What I am trying to accomplish is: Everytime that I enter in sales for a boy scout I need the database to remove that said product from the inventory. Currently I havea dummy record called _sold on my checkout form that I have to enter those sales into first so that it takes it off the inventory. How do I get the amount of each product taken off the inventory everytime I enter in the sales for the scouts.

I am doing the best to teach myelf access as I am a full-tim Navy Chief but this access issues is killing me. I appreciate and support I can get on this.

I can send the database if someone wants to try and help me with it also

Christopher Lardie
    Last edited by PopcornKernel; 11-05-04 at 16:56.

Hi I have a small stock system if you want to look at it and use bits off the Db to help you through Just let me know

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    How is your current schema setup? Generally inventory databases should have seperate structures for receiving and sales. You can then derive current inventory by comparing the two values.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***