Unanswered: Textbox with MaskedEdit

I'm trying to set up a textbox with a "masked edit" so that as the user types, they see the data entered as it should be (not just numbers).

So.. my textbox, named txtShopPhone is on the form...
    I'm assuming I need to place a "on form load" command using the MaskedEdit property, but I cannot seem to get the syntax correct.

I already have the DataFormat property of the textbox set to the following:
    !999.999.9999" xt":99999;0;_

which worked in VBA, and in that window, I see the SAMPLE looks correct, but it does not show in the correct form on my page.

When I type in a phone number, i want it to display as: 123.456.7890 xt 12345. BUT it just shows, 123456789012345

Does anyone know how to properly declare the mask for this textbox?
    Last edited by mateo107; 11-06-04 at 13:18.
    -Matt H-
    www.comperfection.com

hi there! maybe its much more suitable if you're gonna use the MaskEdit box supplied by microsoft. Add it as a component, look for Microsoft Masked Edit Control. you should be able to use the Mask property that you're looking for.

solution

thank you! yah, I'm a moron, I read that I needed to use the MaskedEdit control but I wasn't able to find it for the longest time! Thats because I hadn't turned it on yet! (oops!---duuughh)

Can you tell who the newbie is? Well Thanks again!
    -Matt H-
    www.comperfection.com

lol! just keep on postin'...many great ppl here who are willing to help...good luck