Unanswered: Lost some data information

Hi, i have a database, sql server as backend, access as front end. The user just told me that some field data information (finicial information) are lost. She said when she typed the information, it is there on the same day, but some days later, it is gone.

I checked the August. We had 54 records are entered, but 8 records' finical information are lost. I don't know how to check, if the database design had problem, all the records' finical information will be lost, but just some of them were lost. It is hard to check what is the problem. But this has to be fixed as soon as possible. Anybody has any idea how to check. Why some of records lost the finical info. I knew it is hard for you to say as you didin't see the design. Any recommand, will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by yyu; 11-07-04 at 10:09.

first check the financial values, maybe you will find here an answer, for instance that financial value between un upper and a lower boundary are lost.

... Or you might have had a transaction not complete. Some kind of error or interruption that did not allow a Commit to take place and then a subsequent RollBack occurred. Check your transaction log versus what transactions are actually in the system.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Thank you all. I will check the data. Another question, how can i check the transaction log file in sql server. I have a backup file, but i don't know how to open this and see it. Thanks