Unanswered: Calculating days without weekends

I really need someone's help!!! I have a spreadsheet that I need to calculate the difference between business days. Currently I am using the Networkdays function however if I use that function the days are calculated as two days and not 1 in the event the work was completed on the next day. For example

Start Date: 11/07/04
    End Date: 11/08/04

calculates the difference between days as 2 when it the work really only took 1 day to complete. I need to keep the Networkdays function but need to calculate the start and end date as 1 actual day it took to complete. I hope this makes sense. All i need is to calculate the difference between 2 dates and exclude weekends... Is this even possible. I don't know anything about VB just need a straight formula for Excel. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Welcome to the board.

Networkdays will calculate 2 days because it deals only with WHOLE DAYS. Thus, no matter how little of either day it will be considered a full day; hence in your example part of 11/07 is considered a full day by the function, so also 11/08.

It depends on how you have the data set up. Are you going to use this for a complete data table? or just two control cells and one result cell?
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

The reason it comes up with 2 when you use the networkdays function between 2 consecutive weekday dates is because it figures that there are 2 workdays there. If you want to show a job that started on Weds. 11/3/04 and ended on Thurs. 11/4/04 as only requiring 1 day, just write your formula as "=networkdays('beginning date cell','ending date cell')-1" and that will give you your work days.

TD

Got It!!

Buckeye.... sometimes the easiest things are right in front of you but you never see them unless someone else points it out, Thanks alot that did the trick!!!