Unanswered: Combobox value change

Hi. Here is the problem. I have a combobox populated with store numbers.
    I would like to be able to type a store number in the field and hit enter to run my update procedure. The Change event does not seem to work because when I type in the first number of the store number that triggers a change. The AfterUpdate event does not seem to work either. Maybe I don't understand AfterUpdate well enough.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi
    Forgive me if ive got the wrong handle on this but:-

If your using a combo why type in the store number - just drop it down and select the number.?

1st - The afterupdate is usually activted by the change in the contents of the combo - this is effected immeadiatly you make ANY change to the combo contents, in fact even the entry of one number will activate the afterupdate - if you use the drop down facility the update is seen as one activity and the function will respond.

2nd - if you are using a afterupdate function there should not be any need for it to be triggered by an enter keystroke - remember afterupdate is activated by the change in the combo.

Consider it your keying in a store number why not use a simple textbox that the number is entered in to and then use a keystroke to activate afterupdate?

just a thought that maybe your mixing up operations when a little re-thought will sort it out

regards

gareth

Thanks for the suggesstion. I will try using a txtbox instead. The reason I did not want them to have to click on the combo is there are over 200 store numbers and this used for data entry, so I was trying to speed up the proccess for the user who is use to green screen data entry on an AS/400.
    Thanks again.

Are you trying to populate fields on the form that match the store number?
    Such as the store information? Phone addres etc?

Example:
    User selects the store number. User hits enter or tab, the fields on the form update and show the information related to that store number.