Unanswered: Invoice Database

Hello all!!

I created a database to keep track of invoicing. In it i have a table with consultants name, firm , and billing rate. I use this table to calculate $$ spent by the consultant (Billing Rate + Hours charged). Here is my problem as of July 2004 they started rounding off billing rates, if i change my billing rates on my table, any invoices prior to July 2004 i will be short on $$$. Would i need to create another table, query , ....... I need help please.

could you give some more information about involving tables(tables,fields, etc) and relationships?
    ghozy.

I have a table which has all the time charges (Consultant Name - Week Ending - School/Project)

I have another table which is where my (Consultant Name - Firm - Title - Billing rate) My relationship between the two is consultant name.

you should add field for billing rate to charges table then make a action query to update current charges with corresponding billing rates from consultant table. that way billing rates for each charge will be independed and permanent.
    of course after that you should change accordingly your application so it will calcualte with the billing rate in the charges table instead consultant table.
    also change your application so when you add a new charge, it will copy the billing rate from consultant to charges table as default.
    ghozy.