Thread: QandA

QandA

Hi,

this may sound like a stupid question. My friend asked me if I know anything about a database called QandA. It is aparently DOS based. I have never ever heard of it. I was wondering if ANYBODY has ever heard of it and where I can find some info about it.

Tx.

Q&A is ancient. I think I might still have a copy on 5.25 inch floppies somewhere.

-PatP

Hi,

Can you maybe tell me how to print from within the database and possibly do a query. Basically, I need to give assistance over the phone to a friend. They need to get the data from the database and I hopethey gonna put it in a new database.

Tx.

If anyone needs information about any version of Symantec Q&A, Symantec turned over official tech support to PCTA. You can reach them here:
    Q&A Software

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by EFrankel View Post
    If anyone needs information about any version of Symantec Q&A, Symantec turned over official tech support to PCTA. You can reach them here:
    Q&A Software
    That web page made me

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosinFL View Post
    That web page made me
    Ah yes, jumping back to the days of MS-DOS 3.31 and pre-windows software...

Today people think of 2 Gb as a "crummy phone" not as "exceeding software limitations" but that was a real problem for 16 bit software. Today we giggle a bit at 32 bit limitations, but don't even consider 16 bit limitations.

Some day when I have oodles of spare time, I'll try to run up a VM for MS-DOS 3.31, but I'm not at all sure that I'll be able to do it. Today's VM software just doesn't think those terms.

Deja Vu all over again from when I tried to keep a Z80 / CPM emulator running on a 386 chip to run some critical software for my boss!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosinFL View Post
    That web page made me
    Yeah, it's pretty ugly. Those folks know absolutely everything there is to know about Q&A but web page design...not so much.