Unhappy Unanswered: How to open and see the MSSQL SERVER Tables in my computer ?

Hallo everyone
    Now I have to analyse so many Software systems that my company is using and I have to extract the Datamodels behind these systems.
    One of these systems is developed with a MSSQL server backend. Now I have to open this server tables and see the table structures and data directly how we see in Access.
    Please help me by telling the way to open this database.
    any help is very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
    "One who Gives when u ask is Ur MOTHER but, one who always tries to know your needs and Gives what ever one can Give for U is Ur FRIEND.( SO Try to BE and get such a friend GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND )"

Thumbs up Use Enterprise Manager

Hai kiran,

I suppose u want to view the table structure and data in a grid format with out using queries. If that is the case then u can use Enterprise Manager and select the server, then database, then usertables and then right click the table u want to view and select Design table to view the table design and view all rows to view the data in a grid similar to Access.

Do let us know whether this solved ur problem.
    Sudar

--
    My Blog

Unhappy Thank you, I got some idea and some more info please.

hei hei
    thanks to everyone who thought for me and I got very good ideas with thsi reply and can you please give some deatailed information how to use the Enterprise Manager.

to be frank I don't have any clue what is it and how to use it. That's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance.
    Kiran.
    "One who Gives when u ask is Ur MOTHER but, one who always tries to know your needs and Gives what ever one can Give for U is Ur FRIEND.( SO Try to BE and get such a friend GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND )"

Thumbs up

hai..

You can acess Enterprise Manager from Start->Program Files->Microsoft SQL Server->Enterprise Manger.
    In the left panel you have to select the server then database then tables and then you can right click on the table name and u can view both the table design as well as the rows present in the table

For more info refer Books online or visit

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ta_01_5a5u.asp

Hope this helps....If you still have any problems do let me know
    Sudar

--
    My Blog

Smile Thanks a million

hei sudar
    thanks a lot for your help. I just saw your answer and I will have a look and let you know.

have a nice day.