Unanswered: SQL Std Server vs. MS SBS

Is there any functionality difference in the SQL product between a straight MS SQL Std Server license and the MS Small Business Server, that comes with SQL included?

The price is just slightly more for MS SBS and yet it includes Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Server, SQL 2000 Server, and more.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

RJRon

SBS is a resource hog. I would highly reccomend against it if you do any real SQL work because it suffers from one box for everything disease. SBS is good for businesses whose computer usage is relatively low.

Thanks Ebola.

I was under the impression I could pick and chose which applications under SBS I wanted to install. So that in effect I could only install SQL and have the other applications (i.e., Windows Server, Exchange, RAS, etc.) available to install if I decided I needed them.

Is this not the case?

Thanks,
    RJRon

It's been awhile since I used sbs an I was using the basic version w/o sql. I haven't used the sql version but I would think the same licensing restrictions would apply to sql as to sbs. Other than that I don't know for sure if it's a dumbed down edition. If it is a full edition of sql standard than its not a bad deal because you can always disable other services and probably choose to not install some options.

In early days with 6.5 the limit was very strict, - database size (max 2GB). I am not sure what the limit is now, but I'd think it's not much different.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."