Question Unanswered: Printing Module Generated Data in a Report?...

Hi!...

I want to print data being generated from a VBA Module in a Report detail section. How can I do that?...

I mean I want to print something like that

Employee Name
    Department

Month Intallment Amount Interest Total
    1 500 250 750
    2 500 245 745
    3 500 240 740

The data under the column headings is to be calculated from a module and not coming from a query or table?

is there any way this can be done?

- Saqib

I still hope if someone can help on this?...

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

I think you need to be a little more explicit, but I assume the calculations will be performed using information/data from a table/query in the database (otherwise why bother!).

Therefore can you design a report based on a recordset that contains the data used in the calculation, and do the caculating in unbound controls on the report ?

Just a suggestion.

MTB

Thanks for your reply MTB,

Here is my situation. Attached is my Database with a Input Form which provides data that is to be printed via report but that form is not bound to any table or query. I just takes input from form fields as this is not required to be saved later. I want to use this form to generate the loan repayment schedule and want to print it.

I hope this would clear my situation what I want to print via report from this form as I don't feel I need to save the schedule when it can easily be generated any time using standard access fundtions and with just 1 or 2 parameter values.

- Saqib
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi again

AS I suggested in my last reply, if you do not use data from the DB and you are not saving the calculations in the DB, why not use a spreadsheet. You can format spreadsheets easier and better that an Access report !!??

If you insist on generating schedule type report in access then I would suggest you create a temporary table and use action queries to append the data generated, print the report (based on the temporary table) and then delete the table.

If I did that, I would create an permanent empty 'schedule' table in the DB, populate it with the data and then just delete all the data afterwards.

There is probably a more elegant way (if so would someone give us a clue) but it is one way.

HTH

MTB

Hi Mike!...

Thanx for your reply. I came up with the same solution i.e a table with temprary generated values.

Saqib