Exclamation Unanswered: Migration from MS Access to DB2

I have all my tables and data for the tables created in MS Access. There has to be a way to transfer that information manually to DB2. Can someone help me with this?
    Thank you before hand for all the help.

Linked tables

Within Access, you could create a new linked table. This will use ODBC to connect to your DB2 database. If it is a small data volume you can just open up both your old table and your linked table and copy and paste data (or manually type in data).

The other way is to export the data into a flat file and then use the DB2 import or load utilities to load your table.

Let me know if you need more info on either option.

its is a rather large volume of data, about 13 tables with 50 rows each. I was hoping just to export and import like your second suggestion. Can you help me out? I have no idea where the import manager in DB2 is.

Thanks again.
    James

Are you using any kind of a tool to connect to db2 such as Quest? In there you can right click on the table and select import. Otherwise, basically IMPORT is a command in db2. You can issue it from the db2 command line once you are connected to the db2 database. For info on the IMPORT command go to google and type "DB2 reference" or DB2 IMPORT and you should get the syntax for this command (it can read from a .csv or however you choose to export your data from Access).

The easiest way of doing it is:

1. Link the DB2 tables
    Make sure have declared the DB2 database as an ODBC data source.
    2. Then use Access to do an Append Query.
    This will do an insert into DB2.
    3. Provided that the data types match up, you should be done fairly quickly.
    4. I have done this a lot.