Unanswered: #error in IIF statement

Maybe a simple question, but I have a calculated field in a subform that sums a field. In my main form I substract that field from another. If there are no records in the sub form it is blank. I get the #error in the main forms calculation. here is my calculation:

=IIF((nz[subform].Form!calculatedfield])="","0",[MainFrmField]-[subform].Form!calculatedfield])

Any help qould be appreciated

=IIF((nz[subform].Form!calculatedfield])="","0",[MainFrmField]-[subform].Form!calculatedfield])

It appears that you are applying the 'nz' function incorrectly. Nz returns the value of the expression, or a specified value if the expression is null.

Should be written like this:

Nz («expr», «valueifnull»)

Used in your field:
    =IIF(Nz([subform].Form!calculatedfield],"")="","0",[MainFrmField]-[subform].Form!calculatedfield])

~

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by JAM JR
    Maybe a simple question, but I have a calculated field in a subform that sums a field. In my main form I substract that field from another. If there are no records in the sub form it is blank. I get the #error in the main forms calculation. here is my calculation:

Any help qould be appreciated
    JAM JR,

I just wanted to say "Welcome To The Forum" and hope you find it very useful.

cya
    BUD