Unanswered: Report displays data reverse from query

I have a report that is based on a query that is drawing data from Linked SQL tables. Grouping comes out fine but the data within each group is reversed. The query displays in correct order.

sort in the report.

(delete the sorting in the query if you are not using it for anything else - will save you a couple of clock-cycles)

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Sorting

Problem is I do not have it sorted in the query and I do not want it sorted. Just the order as the query.

reports are a law unto themselves as far as sort-order is concerned.

possible workaround: build a temporary table with an autonumber; feed it from your query; sort (in the report) in sequence of the autonumber.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

deleted and reposted by TD
    Last edited by buckeye_td; 11-12-04 at 15:57. Reason: Double posted

Open your report in Design Mode and click on the Sorting and Grouping button in your toolbar (it has a graphic of a large bracket followed by 2 smaller brackets followed by 2 lines each). Look for the field that is sorting wrong and fix the sort order. If the field is not there, add it after the field that it is grouping within and set the sort order. If you do not want to group on the field you just added (and you probably don't want to, otherwise it would have already been set up for grouping) be sure to set the Group Header and Group Footer to NO, and the Group On to Each Value.

TD