I have some tables in my database that hold settings for web apps, usernames and passwords, and all kinds of other admin stuff that I've abstracted from my code over the years.

I am migrating my companies Chem/Bio database to a new set of servers and also migrating to a new database and upgraded set of middleware and have made extensive code chnages to my thin client apps.

One of the things I need to do is centralize my admin toolset, which has over time become a bunch of fragmented, undocumented, messy crap.

So basically I need to design a 'Control Panel' for administering these tables.

The Control Panel part I will take care of (the interface) but I am looking for an open source tool that will generate an set of HTML pages that allow you to create rows, edit rows, and delete rows in a database table through and ODBC driver and that looks pretty slick. I don't want the pages to look like table editors, but rather like a web based admin tool that changes values that affect the applications.

I hope I explained that well enough.

There is a package called "Codecharge" which I own that does this, but it doesn't do a very good job in the end and looks pretty bad. I am looking for something better.

I'm at a point where I'm about to write my own, but before I do, I wanted to see if anyone knew of a good open source package that would dynamically generate web based admin pages for database tables that drive websites and the like.

Do any of you out there have a lead on one of these?
I've tried Sourceforge and I can't seem to find anything, but its tough to come up with a good set of search parameters or even a catagory in the map so I might be missing something good that's already out there and could save me allot of programming.

Any help would be appreciated.