Unanswered: Combo Boxes in Table

Hi..this seemed like a real toughie for me....so here goes

i know how to use two linked combo boxes...where the selection in one combo box affects the choices in the second combo box..

however, how do you do that in a table? as in if there are two fields in a table...and the user while in datasheet mode..selects one item in field1; how would i implement it such that field2 changes in accordance with what the user chose for field1? it seems absurd...but possible?

tks

In the BeforeUpdate event of the one field, use the SQL UPDATE statement (in conjunction with the RunSQL function) to modify the second field in table.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLynx
    In the BeforeUpdate event of the one field, use the SQL UPDATE statement (in conjunction with the RunSQL function) to modify the second field in table.

Hey CyberLynx,

You seem to be a very wise person. In this situation as many others, is it so wise for the users,,,(I guess end users) to be working directly with the Tables instead of with Forms??? And should the ComboBoxes be done at Table level as well?
    Just trying to learn all I can, but sometimes need to ask questions as well.

thank you for your advice,
    BUD

In my opinion...only at data level and only in either datasheet of form view. Obviously you would only provide the means to change or modify input data you would deem allowable either visually or pragmatically. In some cases, perhaps within certain access security levels, it may be permissible to allow for full or limited table access but not unless provisions are in place to determine whether or not the modifications are indeed pragmatically allowable and that any such changes be stringently logged.