Unanswered: Different Workgroup Files

Guten tag!

Situation: I have a setup script program that will create a setup file. I use this to distribute the MDB file from a central server to different computers on the network. They click on the setup file and install it to their PC. I've recently also setup user-level security, so I need to use a different MDW file than system.mdw, obviously.

Problem: The two options for setting MDW files is either set the default MDW file for the entire Access installation on each individual computer or use a shortcut with parameters to open up a specific MDW file for that database. Setting each individual computer to a different default MDW file will cause problems when trying to open other databases that don't rely on this same workgroup file and when the network is down because the MDW file needs to reside on the server. My problem is that I can't distribute a common shortcut because the individual users may have the MSACCESS.EXE file installed in varying folders. Trying to get it to open as "C:\AccessFolder\MSACCESS.EXE" "C:\DatabaseFolder\Database.mdb" /WRKGRP "M:\Server\secured.mdw" will not work if they've got any different AccessFolder. With the setup file creator, I could set the location of the MDB file without problem. But the MSACCESS.EXE is the problem I'm facing.

Question: Is there any way to open a database with a certain workgroup file without it being the Access default OR a shortcut /WRKGRP parameter? I've thought about going to the registry and reading the key that tells the location for the Access EXE, but this would be different depending on the version, as well, would it not?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    DocX

The teachings of God's Begotten: 2 John 1:9

i saw this SysCmd idea a couple of days ago... maybe it helps.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thanks for the link. The problem is that I have to have the location of the MSACCESS.EXE when Access is not running. However, that thread DID have some tips on how to pull that location from a registry key, which I found helpful. If I could use that SysCmd somehow in Inno Setup, I would be very happy!

Thanks!
    DocX

The teachings of God's Begotten: 2 John 1:9