read ne good books lately?

anyone here read fiction books?

i last read The Stand by Stephen King (yeah i know, very old, but i just got my hands on it ) didnt really like the last part all that much.... mayb it cud have been a bit more dramatic/scary

reading ghost story by peter straub now (no, i am not a horror novel enthusiast.... it just happens that i have been reading horror novels lately..)

ur turn

Sussex, England

Going Postal

Just finished "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett. It's one of his better Discworld novels. I feel that his otehr Discworld novles have been going a bit downwhill, but this one is quite good.

Also been reading some of the Warhammer novels(!) and have enjoyed them as pure escapism.

Tampa, FL
    Great Yak corral topic .

If you like Stephen King you should read John Saul. Good stuff.

Just read "To Kill a Mockingbird".

MN US
    Just finished "The DiVinci Code". I thought it was everything it was cracked up to be.

Speaking of Straub and King. Have you read "The Talisman" & "Black House"? I read both and 1200 pages later I'm still not sure if I liked them.

I've always been a big Anne Rice fan (Vampire Chronicles) but it's been a few years since I picked one of those up.

You should stop on by the corral for a virtual drinK?

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

yeah i have read both black house and talisman.. actually read black house first and then bought talisman out of curiosity..... one thing i have found in all stephen king novels is that the climax is just horrible..

black house to me was very graphic and descriptive and interesting right till the end.. where for me it kind of lost its taste.. i mean he builds up so much anticipation and then ends all his books (atleast the ones i have read) with with a small 'phiss'

For the King fans I highly recommend "Eye of the Dragon" which I just got done reading again. Also Robert A. Heinlein's "Starship Troopers"(nothing like the movie) was something I read a month ago and I highly recommend.