Unanswered: Security and attaching the local node directory
I have a security problem with db2 v7.2 fp5 on Windows xp.
1. I changed my Windows user account from group Administrators to Users.
2. In DB2 Command Window I executed command: db2 list admin node directory
3. I have attachted to node listed in previous command with command: db2 attach <node_listed_in_step_2>
4. I executed command for example: db2 list application
I got error message: SQL1092N "usertest" does not have the authority to perform the requested command.
1. I created Windows group sysadm and assign my userid to this windows group.
2. I executed the command: db2 update dbm cfg using SYSADM_GROUP SYSADM
This two simple steps has solved my problem. At the time executing this command I had to be connected to Windows with administration rights. Now I can be connected to database with Windows Users group user and can do the SYSADM tasks.