Unanswered: SQL Server SPID Connections

Hello -

I have a Foxpro app with a SQL Server 7 backend. The Idle Connect setting on VFP is set to indefinite. I'm having some connectivity issues where the SPID for the client seems to disappear from the active SQL processes on the server when the client sits idle for a while (10 minutes or so). On some workstations, resuming activity at the client results in the SPIDs reappearing
    as if they were always there with no problem. On others, the connection is not reestablished and the client gives a 1526 (VFP ODBC) error.

Does anybody know why this might be? Are the SPID connections cached at both sides and if so, how?

Are you controlling CONNECTION and DISCONNECTION from VFP application?
    In general SQL Server will not disconnect any connection until unless client is referred or Services are restarted.
    PROFILER might help you to monitor the activity.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

Satya -

No, the VFP ODBC connection has a setting for that called "IdleTimeout", and it's set to 0, meaning it will keep the connection open indefinitely. In my travels, I found a couple of registry keys:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\Client\Connect To and
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\Client\Superso cketNetLib\LastConnect

which store SQL connection info. Do you know anything about these? It would appear to be what I am looking for, and I am currently testing to see if the problem is resolved, but I don't have results yet. I'll follow up if you're interested.

Thanks for your reply.