Unanswered: Many thanks to all...

I would like to take this oportunity to thank you all in this forum for your invaluable assistance. If I may make a special mention to TD and Izy for there patience and crystal clear explanations in the last few days. I was pulling my hair out before that. I wish you all well and I suspect I will be calling back in from time to time for more advice soon. I have recently purchased Access 2002 the Complete Reference and a couple of Access 2002 VBA Handbooks for beginners and I am hoping to progress a little and stop relying on Access wizards so much. Thanks again.
    Kind Regards,
    Ronald A. Dixon (One happy customer)

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldADixon
    I would like to take this oportunity to thank you all in this forum for your invaluable assistance. If I may make a special mention to TD and Izy for there patience and crystal clear explanations in the last few days. I was pulling my hair out before that. I wish you all well and I suspect I will be calling back in from time to time for more advice soon. I have recently purchased Access 2002 the Complete Reference and a couple of Access 2002 VBA Handbooks for beginners and I am hoping to progress a little and stop relying on Access wizards so much. Thanks again.
    Kind Regards,
    Ronald A. Dixon (One happy customer)
    Hi Ronald,

Just to add one more very good piece of ammunition to your arsenal try acquiring this:
    Access 2002 Developers Handbook : Desktop and Enterprise Edition by Paul Litwin, Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert
    ISBN: 0-7821-2371-6
    I purchased it just a little while back and has proven to be a very informative set. Not for the purest of beginners, but if you know anything to start with, this set packs a punch and has CD's with source code and great examples that you can use as well.
    Before that I had Using Access 2000 by Roger Jennings. It is a good book and easy to read and comprehend, but I think the one I listed above is far more powerful. I am still using Access 2000, but the above 2002 I stated for you because that is the version you need. Also, the same authors "Litwin" etc have the same series for VBA as well. There is some VBA in this volume as well as SQL. I'm loving it.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself here and hope you stick around to pass on your new found knowledge to others who may need it. Wishing you well and happiness

have a nice one,
    BUD